Our community of faith at First United Methodist Church is a place where people are encouraged to hear God's voice, love one another, show compassion to others, and follow Jesus more closely than ever before. We desire to pour forth God's love in every direction, so our local and global community can be transformed. Specifically, we want to help the lost ones be found, the children be loved, the broken be healed, the races be reconciled, and the poor be lifted up.
Our Core Values
- God’s Heart: For God so loved the world He gave his only Son for us (John 3:16). Because spiritual explorers matter to God, they matter to us.
- Prayer: By teaching and example, Jesus showed how personal prayer is the key to spiritual and social renewal (Luke 5:16).
- Community: Jesus said, “Where two or three are gathered in my name, I will be there also” (Matthew 18:20). That’s why life-change happens best in a small group.
- Authenticity: God lives in reality and meets us in our brokenness. To meet God, we must be real about our lives and our relationships with God, others and ourselves (Mark 10:51)
- Servanthood: Jesus came not to be served, but to serve (Mark 10:45). In His body, every member of Christ is a minister of Christ.
- Compassion: The church exists for those who are not a part of it. We are the hands and feet of Jesus to bring healing, justice and hope to those in need (Matthew 25:31-46).
- Giving: The happiest people in life are givers. Jesus understood that we really are more blessed when we give than when we receive